Antioch is the second-largest city in Contra Costa County. Located in the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area, this city was once ranching land. No longer a town for pioneers, Antioch now thrives economically with industrial and commercial developments. from a growing commercial presence. Businesses continue to develop to support the growing population. Commercial establishments including schools and shopping venues can be found in every neighborhood in the city.
Commercial Roofing in Antioch, CA
When it comes to commercial roofing, building owners want to make sure they use professional contractors because there are different styles and types available in the greater Bay Area. It is best to first get an inspection and consultation to decide which will be the best roofing to choose for your commercial project. The typical options for commercial roofing include:
- TPO (Thermoplastic single-ply roofing): These are the most popular choice when it comes to commercial buildings because they are durable with low-temperature flexibility and high tolerance to high temperatures. This roofing is UV-resistant as well as able to withstand chemical exposure fires, punctures and high winds or storms.
- EPDM roofing: EPDM roofs are extremely durable and versatile and happen to be one of the roofs with the longest lifespan when it comes to commercial buildings. This roofing system is also easy to install, repair and maintain as compared to other commercial roofs styles.
- Sustainable Options: Sustainable roofing designs are designed to have the least impact on the environment possible and these are of growing popularity in the Bay Area. The top choices include:
Photovoltaic Solar Panels are installed on the rooftop using mounted tiles, glass or membrane. The panels absorb sunlight and convert this into energy for the building. With energy costs rising, these solar panels offer a perfect solution for cutting costs, conserving energy and reducing damage to the environment. Green roofs are also known as living roofs because they consist of live plants and vegetation. The plants are planted across the roof over a waterproof membrane allowing your roof to soak up heat, water and improve insulation for the whole roofing system. This roof saves on energy bills and adds additional value to the roof as well as longevity.
- Metal roofing: Metal roofs are known for their excellent strength, fire resistance, and durability. You can choose from several colors as well as select a specific metal of your choice.
- Modified Bitumen Roofs: This system involves an asphalt roofing system that has been reinforced with fiberglass or polyester. It is highly resistant to punctures, tears, and foot traffic and is a perfect blend of modern and traditional roofing technologies. You can choose from a variety of colors and take comfort in knowing these roofs have extended lifetimes.
Now that you know the types of commercial roofing available, you can decide which one will best meet your budget and needs of your building. Commercial roofing contractors in Antioch will help protect your building and add value to your investment.