More and more buildings have metal roofing these days. What is the reason for this increase in popularity? There are several benefits to going with a metal roof. If you are looking to replace a roof or are building a new home, see below for the top reasons you need to choose metal.
Why Should You Choose Metal Roofing?
- Longevity: Most roofing materials will last between 15 and 20 years. Metal can last 50 years or longer. You get a longer life from metal roofing, no matter what the weather conditions are. If durability is your priority, metal roofing is the way to go.
- Energy-efficient: Metal roofing typically comes with sun-reflecting paint. This allows for increased energy efficiency, no matter how hot the weather gets. This paint is typically under warranty for 25 years, so you likely will not have to re-paint.
- Water-resistant: Metal never allows for water penetration. Unlike asphalt and other materials, metal is resistant to most weather. Any water simply runs off. Metal roofing is also heat resistant and can withstand high winds. If your climates are prone to change, the metal roofing is a better fit.
- Increased value: The longevity and easy maintenance of metal roofing add value to your home. It is a more desirable roofing option so it is often preferred by potential buyers. A new buyer will know they do not have to worry about replacement any time soon, if ever. Purchasing a home with a metal roof is a good deal.
- Cost: Metal roofing is more expensive than other materials. But, with metal roofing, you save money in the long term. Most other materials need repairs every few years which are time-consuming and expensive. The initial amount you spend will be an investment that is more than worth it.
- Environmentally friendly: Metal can be recycled and has a longer lifespan. This means there is less waste each year. With 11 tons of shingles ending up in landfills each year, metal is a much greener choice.
There are a number of reasons that you should consider metal for your roof. It is easy to see why it is such a popular choice. You get more from a metal roof and this makes up for any cost in the beginning. Consider getting metal for your new roof or replacement. This way you and your roof get nothing but the best.